Using WordPress as a CMS
Created primarily as blogging software, one of the biggest misconceptions people have is that WordPress is a software used only by bloggers. With its state-of-the-art characteristics however, WordPress has now become an excellent open-source web publishing platform and content management system which boasts of impressive web standards, aesthetics, flexibility and great usability among its users.
WordPress offers new and more flexible CMS capabilities such as archiving pages for custom content types, improved import and export system and the ability to perform advanced taxonomy and custom fields queries.
There are a lot of reasons why WordPress CMS is the most popular among the others:
- Open Source. What this means, everyone can install wordpress if they want, without looking their budgets, because it is an open source. You can download it and install it easily. (related: install wordpress 3.2)
- Easy to use. WordPress is the ideal solution if all you want to do is use your website as an up-to-date news section on your site. Right after you installed it, you can immediately use it, write your contents, and it is ready to promote.
- SEO friendly. WordPress is Google friendly. It is absolutely SEO optimized out of the box, and you will have huge ways and alternatives of SEO plugins to boost your traffic and visitors.
- From Shopping carts, to Art Gallery. Another wordpress CMS advantage is you can create any kind of websites depending on your needs. If you have a photography hobby, and you want to build a photo gallery blog, it will be easily done with WordPress. A company website is an easy task by using wordpress CMS, customizing the theme, or even purchasing ready to use theme which fits with your website’s topic. (see our Portfolio to see how we used WordPress)
- WordPress is ever evolving. WordPress has very frequent updates. This is actually a good sign, because they care about how they can improve our beloved blogging software.
- Amazing Support Forum. Whoever use wordpress, should know that whenever they have some problems and issues with their blogs or websites which are built with wordpress, they can visit WordPress support forum anytime.
I know they are sometimes a bit slow on replying and solving the problems, but it does not hurt when you try to ask.
Because WordPress makes it easier to write, edit, organize and publish articles and manage web content, it has become a highly recommended and effective content management system for conventional websites. Its versatilety and its huge stock of available themes and plugins saves users a lot of work time. Coupled with its adaptability and user-friendly features, WordPress is an excellent choice for a flexible, low-cost and dynamic Content Management System for any website.
Properly configured, WordPress can be an extremely effective way of designing, maintaining and managing your site.
WordPress Customization | Wordpress Layout | Customizing themes | SEO
Our passion is customizing WordPress into fully functional sites that you (the client) can manage yourself. We specialized in deep WordPress customization, and our compounded knowledge and experience gives us an advantage over those attempting to use WordPress on their own. We make you a drop-dead gorgeous website you can maintain yourself; optimized for top search engine placement. We are available to help you. Call us @ 647-403-2052 today!
Follow our WordPress Design tweets