It’s time to redo your website when you’re really jealous of the competition. If you can’t be found or everything is really out of date coupled with one of the following may be enough to get the budget approved.
If you run a small Internet business, then you know that it is important to keep your site up to date. There are various reasons why you need a website redo. Particularly if your business is struggling, you might be wary of spending money on your website, but a site make over might just turn your luck around.
If you are seeing a decline in visitors or a reduction in sales, perhaps one or more of these is the cause:
1. Outdated / Non-professional Design. The design of your website is very important. If new visitors do not like what they see at first glance, chances are they will leave and not come back to your website. You need to make a good first impression to your potential clients. Make sure that your site design looks professional and not dated. The website’s design should be easy on the eyes and fit well with your products and services.
2. Difficult Navigation. Your website should be easily navigated by visitors. Organize your content and navigation menu so that visitors can quickly find the information they need. Your navigation menu should be consistent on all your pages. Limit the clicks it would take a visitor to find a web page, the deeper a page is buried in the site the harder it will be for people to find it.
3. Stale Content. Updated content is critical for getting repeat visitors and for search engine optimization. If the information on your site remains the same for a long period of time, visitors and even search engines will find no reason to come back and take another look at it.
4. Hard to Read Text Styles. Ensure that your site’s visitors can easily read the content. The color, size and style of the text should be taken into account. Choose colors that can be easily distinguished from the background of the web page. Check that the links are in a different color from the rest of the text, though there is no longer a need to make all hyperlink text blue.
5. Too Many Advertisements. Your website should not be overwhelmed by advertisements and affiliate links. While you obviously want people to click on these links as they earn you commission, visitors can be put off by a lot of adverts. So make sure that your content is the most prominent element on any page, because that’s why the visitor is on your site. Confine affiliate images to designated areas of the page – such as one sidebar – so not to distract away from the content.
6. Lack of Interactivity. Many of today’s websites try to get some interaction with their target audience. A daily or weekly blog is a good place to start. Additionally, you can provide your visitors with the opportunity to give you feedback by using response forms. You may also wish to include links to your social networking pages, so that you can better interact with your clients.
These are just a few of the reasons why you need a website redo. Before you go ahead and redesign your site, think it over and make sure that you get the most out of your website redo by addressing the short comings in your current site.
If you already have a Website, we can re-do it for you in WordPress this will increase it’s functionality of your website, or if you already have a WordPress website already and require additional customizations, we can do that for you. Just visit the Website Redo page to request your free no obligation quote.
Such work may include but is not limited to – changing the theme, altering page layouts, editing text styles, installing and configuring plugins, creating a custom color pallet, creating widgets, changing header images and reformatting pages.
Note that we are able to customize free, premium and custom built themes. We can also set up an autoresponder campaign or social media accounts such as facebook and twitter.
If you have been thinking of redoing your site, give WordPress a good look. You will be glad you did.